No power-sharing formula between BJP, JMM: Sinha
Bokaro: Days after ally JMM claimed that there was a power pact in Jharkhand, senior leader of ruling BJP, Yashwant Sinha, flatly denied it on Sunday.
"Shibu Soren is independent on what he wants to do, but there was no deal whatsoever between the BJP and the JMM," Sinha told reporters here in reply to Soren`s contention that the agreement would end in January.
Soren had on November 07 told the media in Bokaro that there was a power sharing agreement of 28 months between JMM and BJP in Jharkhand and option of going with the UPA is open for the JMM if the BJP does not adhere to the formula.
He had also said the formula had been agreed to in the presence of leaders of the ruling coalition partners BJP, JMM and AJSU before Chief Minister Arjun Munda took over the reins on September 11, 2010.
BJP`s state unit president Dineshanand Goswami has already denied any such agreement.
Meanwhile, PCC president and Rajya Sabha member Pradeep Kumar Balmachu said in Ranchi "While the JMM says there was a deal, the BJP denies it. That means one of them must have committed breach of trust and the people should know it."
"We acknowledge and respect Guruji`s (as Soren is known) contribution in the state`s creation. He is a secular leader, but that image is being spoiled by tying up with the BJP," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers