No power-sharing formula between BJP, JMM: Sinha
Bokaro: Days after ally JMM claimed that there was a power pact in Jharkhand, senior leader of ruling BJP, Yashwant Sinha, flatly denied it on Sunday.
"Shibu Soren is independent on what he wants to do, but there was no deal whatsoever between the BJP and the JMM," Sinha told reporters here in reply to Soren`s contention that the agreement would end in January.
Soren had on November 07 told the media in Bokaro that there was a power sharing agreement of 28 months between JMM and BJP in Jharkhand and option of going with the UPA is open for the JMM if the BJP does not adhere to the formula.
He had also said the formula had been agreed to in the presence of leaders of the ruling coalition partners BJP, JMM and AJSU before Chief Minister Arjun Munda took over the reins on September 11, 2010.
BJP`s state unit president Dineshanand Goswami has already denied any such agreement.
Meanwhile, PCC president and Rajya Sabha member Pradeep Kumar Balmachu said in Ranchi "While the JMM says there was a deal, the BJP denies it. That means one of them must have committed breach of trust and the people should know it."
"We acknowledge and respect Guruji`s (as Soren is known) contribution in the state`s creation. He is a secular leader, but that image is being spoiled by tying up with the BJP," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble