Nomination: First day blank in Jharkhand
Ranchi: The first day of nomination for four Lok Sabha seats going for polling on April 10 drew a blank in Jharkhand on Saturday.
No candidate turned up for nomination for any of the seats - Palamau, Lohardaga, Chatra and Koderma, said P K Jajoria, Chief Electoral Officer.
Hazaribagh, which originally scheduled on April 10, has been postponed to April 17. March 22 is the last date for candidates to file papers for these four LS seats and scrutiny would be done on March 24, he said, adding candidates could withdraw from the fray on March 26.
With 14 Lok Sabha seats, Jharkhand goes for the general elections in three phases - April 10, 17 and 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years