Nomination: First day blank in Jharkhand
Ranchi: The first day of nomination for four Lok Sabha seats going for polling on April 10 drew a blank in Jharkhand on Saturday.
No candidate turned up for nomination for any of the seats - Palamau, Lohardaga, Chatra and Koderma, said P K Jajoria, Chief Electoral Officer.
Hazaribagh, which originally scheduled on April 10, has been postponed to April 17. March 22 is the last date for candidates to file papers for these four LS seats and scrutiny would be done on March 24, he said, adding candidates could withdraw from the fray on March 26.
With 14 Lok Sabha seats, Jharkhand goes for the general elections in three phases - April 10, 17 and 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’