Nomination: First day blank in Jharkhand
Ranchi: The first day of nomination for four Lok Sabha seats going for polling on April 10 drew a blank in Jharkhand on Saturday.
No candidate turned up for nomination for any of the seats - Palamau, Lohardaga, Chatra and Koderma, said P K Jajoria, Chief Electoral Officer.
Hazaribagh, which originally scheduled on April 10, has been postponed to April 17. March 22 is the last date for candidates to file papers for these four LS seats and scrutiny would be done on March 24, he said, adding candidates could withdraw from the fray on March 26.
With 14 Lok Sabha seats, Jharkhand goes for the general elections in three phases - April 10, 17 and 24.
- Indian Premier League 9: Gujarat Lions' Ravindra Jadeja reprimanded for showing dissent at umpire's decision
- Holiday video alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput’s oceanic vacation
- NBSE 10th & 12th Results 2016: Nagaland.gov.in Board, NBSE HSLC & HSSLC Results 2016 to be declared on May 3
- MUST WATCH: Kargil martyr's daughter's message to India and Pakistan on Facebook - `Enough is enough`
- Hubble spots galaxy hidding in night sky – See pic!