Not hankering for power, but open to talks: J`khand Cong
Ranchi: Jharkhand PCC chief Pradeep Kumar Balmachu Tuesday maintained that Congress is not hankering for power, but said it would talk to Jharkhand Mukti Morcha if the latter comes up with a proposal for any "alternative government formation".
"JMM has 18 MLAs and we have 13. So it is the JMM which is the single largest party and should approach us," Balmachu told a news agency when asked whether Congress is keen to form an alternative government.
"JMM has been our old ally. It is also supporting us at the Centre, though it had joined hands with communal BJP. But we are open to talk to them, if they come with any proposal," he added.
Stating that Congress has all along maintained that it would talk to JMM on government formation only after it withdrew support to the Arjun Munda government, Balmachu said, "Now that the JMM has snapped ties, we will talk to them. But they should come up with what proposals they have (in the formation of the government).
"But we are not after power. Had we sought power then we would have formed the government soon after the 2009 Assembly elections as we were the single largest alliance (Congress/ Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric-JVM)," he added.
The JVM has since snapped ties with its pre-poll ally Congress and has demanded for a fresh mandate in the wake of the Morcha withdrawing support to the Arjun Munda government and the latter recommending dissolution of the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video