Not in favour of House dissolution: JMM
Ranchi: The Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) on Monday asked the Congress to initiate formation of a popular government to respect the five-year mandate given by the people in the state.
"The JMM is ready for elections, but we are a democratic setup and there is still time left for formation of a popular government," JMM`s General Secretary Suprio Bhattacharya said soon after conclusion of the party`s meeting, chaired by its supremo Shibu Soren.
"The national party, Congress should initiate formation of a government," he added.
Asked whether the party thought that it`s already approaching three months since the government fell on January 8, he said the previous coalition had been formed 110 days after the imposition of President`s rule in 2010 and this time "it is only 70 days (since the clamping of the central rule)".
President`s rule was imposed on January 18 after the JMM had pulled out from the BJP-led government headed by Arjun Munda.
Bhattacharya also said that the party was not in favour of dissolution of house as popular mandate was given for five years.
To a query on some parties demanding dissolution of house he said, "Those seeking dissolution of house should first resign (from their house membership)."
The BJP, the Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric) and the AJSU are vocal in their demand for house dissolution to pave way for assembly elections, which were held in November/December 2009.
Several senior leaders participated in the JMM meeting at Soren`s residence here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what