Notice to two JMM legislators fielded by BJP
Ranchi: Jharkhand Assembly Speaker Shashank Shekhar Bhokta has issued notice to two JMM legislators who the BJP has fielded as its candidates for the Lok Sabha polls, an official said Friday.
"Taking suo moto action based on newspaper reports, notice has been issued to JMM legislators Hemanlal Murmu and Vidyut Baran Mahto for changing sides to fight the Lok Sabha polls. They have been given seven days to reply," an official of the Jharkhand Assembly told IANS Friday.
The Jharkhand Mukti Morcha`s Mumrmu and Mahto have joined the Bharatiya Janata Party and will be contesting from Rajmahal and Jamsahedpur .
Bhokta Wednesday said that he would take suo moto action against the legislators who have switched sides to fight the Lok Sabha elections.
"No party has informed about the legislators changing side to fight polls. I can take suo moto action as it comes under the anti-defection law," Bhokta told reporters in Deoghar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Armoured cars now mandatory to accompany security forces in Kashmir
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?