Notice to two JMM legislators fielded by BJP
Ranchi: Jharkhand Assembly Speaker Shashank Shekhar Bhokta has issued notice to two JMM legislators who the BJP has fielded as its candidates for the Lok Sabha polls, an official said Friday.
"Taking suo moto action based on newspaper reports, notice has been issued to JMM legislators Hemanlal Murmu and Vidyut Baran Mahto for changing sides to fight the Lok Sabha polls. They have been given seven days to reply," an official of the Jharkhand Assembly told IANS Friday.
The Jharkhand Mukti Morcha`s Mumrmu and Mahto have joined the Bharatiya Janata Party and will be contesting from Rajmahal and Jamsahedpur .
Bhokta Wednesday said that he would take suo moto action against the legislators who have switched sides to fight the Lok Sabha elections.
"No party has informed about the legislators changing side to fight polls. I can take suo moto action as it comes under the anti-defection law," Bhokta told reporters in Deoghar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside