Notice to two JMM legislators fielded by BJP
Ranchi: Jharkhand Assembly Speaker Shashank Shekhar Bhokta has issued notice to two JMM legislators who the BJP has fielded as its candidates for the Lok Sabha polls, an official said Friday.
"Taking suo moto action based on newspaper reports, notice has been issued to JMM legislators Hemanlal Murmu and Vidyut Baran Mahto for changing sides to fight the Lok Sabha polls. They have been given seven days to reply," an official of the Jharkhand Assembly told IANS Friday.
The Jharkhand Mukti Morcha`s Mumrmu and Mahto have joined the Bharatiya Janata Party and will be contesting from Rajmahal and Jamsahedpur .
Bhokta Wednesday said that he would take suo moto action against the legislators who have switched sides to fight the Lok Sabha elections.
"No party has informed about the legislators changing side to fight polls. I can take suo moto action as it comes under the anti-defection law," Bhokta told reporters in Deoghar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof