Official kidnapped in Jharkhand last month rescued, 2 held
Hazaribagh: An official of a construction company working for the Indian Railways, who was kidnapped by unknown armed men in this Naxal-affected district last month, was rescued unharmed on Tuesday, police said.
"Two persons, allegedly belonging to the People`s Liberation Front of India (PLFI), identified as Sachin Ganju and Kameshwar Ganju were arrested in this connection," Hazaribagh SP Manoj Kaushik told reporters here today.
K Linga Reddy, who was rescued from the dense forest area of neighbouring Chatra district, was kidnapped for ransom from the construction site on the borders of Mufassil and Mandu police stations of the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone