Official kidnapped in Jharkhand last month rescued, 2 held
Hazaribagh: An official of a construction company working for the Indian Railways, who was kidnapped by unknown armed men in this Naxal-affected district last month, was rescued unharmed on Tuesday, police said.
"Two persons, allegedly belonging to the People`s Liberation Front of India (PLFI), identified as Sachin Ganju and Kameshwar Ganju were arrested in this connection," Hazaribagh SP Manoj Kaushik told reporters here today.
K Linga Reddy, who was rescued from the dense forest area of neighbouring Chatra district, was kidnapped for ransom from the construction site on the borders of Mufassil and Mandu police stations of the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says