Official kidnapped in Jharkhand last month rescued, 2 held
Hazaribagh: An official of a construction company working for the Indian Railways, who was kidnapped by unknown armed men in this Naxal-affected district last month, was rescued unharmed on Tuesday, police said.
"Two persons, allegedly belonging to the People`s Liberation Front of India (PLFI), identified as Sachin Ganju and Kameshwar Ganju were arrested in this connection," Hazaribagh SP Manoj Kaushik told reporters here today.
K Linga Reddy, who was rescued from the dense forest area of neighbouring Chatra district, was kidnapped for ransom from the construction site on the borders of Mufassil and Mandu police stations of the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf