One arrested for `bribing` Jharkhand BJP leader
Ranchi: A man was arrested for allegedly trying to bribe suspended Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) legislator Baijnath Ram, police said on Tuesday.
Police said Harshit alias Suman Chaudhary was arrested from the residence of Jharkhand`s former education minister and suspended BJP legislator Baijnath Ram Monday night.
Baijnath Ram alleged that Chaudhary offered him money to vote in favour of Hemant Soren`s government, which will seek a trust vote in the Assembly on July 18.
"The accused is not linked to JMM (Jharkhand Mukti Morha). The BJP is hatching a conspiracy against our party," JMM legislator Haji Hussain Ansari said.
State BJP leader Saryu Rai Monday alleged that the JMM had kept aside Rs 90 crore for buying votes of legislators for the trust vote. The JMM has denied the allegations.
Hemant Soren took oath as the Chief Minister on July 13. A special assembly session has been convened July 18 to seek a trust vote.
The JMM government is supported by the Congress, RJD and independent legislators.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar
- British politics in turmoil as Brexit talks loom