One arrested in Jharkhand Naxal attack
Dumka: A Maoist, who is on bail, was arrested from Pokharia village in Dumka district in connection with the July-2 fatal attack on Pakur Superintendent of Police Amarjit Balihar and others at Kathikund.
"Satan Besra has confessed after his arrest yesterday to have been involved in the attack on the SP convoy. He whistled to alert the Maoists when the cars approached," Deputy Inspector General of Police (Dumka range) Priya Dubey told reporters here.
Dubey said Besra revealed that the action squad from Giridih district of Jharkhand had perpetrated the crime.
The plot was set on July 1 and the Maoists attacked the police officer the following day, killing him and five other policemen, the DIG said.
Besra was on bail since January last year after he was arrested in connection with a Maoist-related violence, Dubey said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’ shoot will commence at this breathtaking location – See pic
- WATCH: How Sri Lanka's mystery spinner Lakshan Sandakan left Australia spellbound
- Antibodies that protect against Zika virus in mice identified, claim scientists
- Rio Olympics 2016: India to start with a bang
- Congress puts gag order on partymen, asks them not to make comments inconsistent with party stand