One arrested in Jharkhand Naxal attack
Dumka: A Maoist, who is on bail, was arrested from Pokharia village in Dumka district in connection with the July-2 fatal attack on Pakur Superintendent of Police Amarjit Balihar and others at Kathikund.
"Satan Besra has confessed after his arrest yesterday to have been involved in the attack on the SP convoy. He whistled to alert the Maoists when the cars approached," Deputy Inspector General of Police (Dumka range) Priya Dubey told reporters here.
Dubey said Besra revealed that the action squad from Giridih district of Jharkhand had perpetrated the crime.
The plot was set on July 1 and the Maoists attacked the police officer the following day, killing him and five other policemen, the DIG said.
Besra was on bail since January last year after he was arrested in connection with a Maoist-related violence, Dubey said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike