One arrested in Jharkhand Naxal attack
Dumka: A Maoist, who is on bail, was arrested from Pokharia village in Dumka district in connection with the July-2 fatal attack on Pakur Superintendent of Police Amarjit Balihar and others at Kathikund.
"Satan Besra has confessed after his arrest yesterday to have been involved in the attack on the SP convoy. He whistled to alert the Maoists when the cars approached," Deputy Inspector General of Police (Dumka range) Priya Dubey told reporters here.
Dubey said Besra revealed that the action squad from Giridih district of Jharkhand had perpetrated the crime.
The plot was set on July 1 and the Maoists attacked the police officer the following day, killing him and five other policemen, the DIG said.
Besra was on bail since January last year after he was arrested in connection with a Maoist-related violence, Dubey said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured