One lynched, one injured in Jamshedpur
Jamshedpur: One person was killed and another injured after being beaten up by villagers in Chakdoha village in naxal-hit Ghatsila sub-division on Monday.
The two who were part of a gang of extortionists were caught and given a thrashing by the villagers with one of them succumbing to his injuries, Senior Superintendent of Police, Akhilesh Kumar Jha said.
Srimat Mardi died of his injuries, while Durga Munda was admitted to a hospital, Jha said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog