One lynched, one injured in Jamshedpur
Jamshedpur: One person was killed and another injured after being beaten up by villagers in Chakdoha village in naxal-hit Ghatsila sub-division on Monday.
The two who were part of a gang of extortionists were caught and given a thrashing by the villagers with one of them succumbing to his injuries, Senior Superintendent of Police, Akhilesh Kumar Jha said.
Srimat Mardi died of his injuries, while Durga Munda was admitted to a hospital, Jha said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly