One more fodder case nearing end; CBI waits for court sanction
Ranchi: The CBI is waiting for a court`s sanction to examine one more witness in the fodder scam case in which former Bihar chief ministers Lalu Prasad Yadav, Jagannath Mishra and several others were accused of fraudulently withdrawing Rs 36 crore from Deogarh Treasury in the 1990s.
"Investigation into the RC 64 A/96 is almost complete. We have examined more than 200 witnesses. We have already petitioned to the special CBI court of Sitaram Prasad to allow us examine an additional witness in the case to conclude the investigation from our side," a senior CBI official said here on Tuesday.
He said there were 37 accused, including Lalu and Mishra, in the case.
Lalu, who is now in the Birsa Munda Central Jail after being convicted in the case that pertained to fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 37.7 crore from Chaibasa Treasury in 1994-95 fiscal, had yesterday appeared before the court through video conferencing in the Deogarh Treasury case.
The RJD president is also appearing in three other fodder scam cases with the RC 47A/96 being the highest alleged fund withdrawal of Rs 184 crore from Doranda Treasury followed by RC 68A/96 (separate Chaibasa Treasury case-Rs 36 crore) and RC 38A/96 (Dumka Treasury-Rs 3.97 crore), the senior CBI official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing