One more Jharkhand MLA resigns, another set to follow
Ranchi: Hemlal Murmu, who joined the BJP recently, put in his papers from the membership of Jharkhand Assembly on Friday.
"Hemlal Murmu has resigned from Assembly membership," Speaker Shashank Sekhar Bhokta said here.
"Bidyut Baran Mahto also called me over the phone and said he is sending his resignation letter today," he added.
Both Murmu and Mahto, who won Assembly elections on JMM ticket, joined the BJP after being in the party for several years.
Yesterday Chandrasekhar Dubey, who quit Congress and joined the Trinamool Congress, had resigned as MLA.
After Mahto submits his resignation, the strength of the 82-member Jharkhand Assembly would be reduced to 79.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown