One more Jharkhand MLA resigns, another set to follow
Ranchi: Hemlal Murmu, who joined the BJP recently, put in his papers from the membership of Jharkhand Assembly on Friday.
"Hemlal Murmu has resigned from Assembly membership," Speaker Shashank Sekhar Bhokta said here.
"Bidyut Baran Mahto also called me over the phone and said he is sending his resignation letter today," he added.
Both Murmu and Mahto, who won Assembly elections on JMM ticket, joined the BJP after being in the party for several years.
Yesterday Chandrasekhar Dubey, who quit Congress and joined the Trinamool Congress, had resigned as MLA.
After Mahto submits his resignation, the strength of the 82-member Jharkhand Assembly would be reduced to 79.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing