One more Jharkhand MLA resigns, another set to follow
Ranchi: Hemlal Murmu, who joined the BJP recently, put in his papers from the membership of Jharkhand Assembly on Friday.
"Hemlal Murmu has resigned from Assembly membership," Speaker Shashank Sekhar Bhokta said here.
"Bidyut Baran Mahto also called me over the phone and said he is sending his resignation letter today," he added.
Both Murmu and Mahto, who won Assembly elections on JMM ticket, joined the BJP after being in the party for several years.
Yesterday Chandrasekhar Dubey, who quit Congress and joined the Trinamool Congress, had resigned as MLA.
After Mahto submits his resignation, the strength of the 82-member Jharkhand Assembly would be reduced to 79.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam