One more Jharkhand MLA resigns, another set to follow
Ranchi: Hemlal Murmu, who joined the BJP recently, put in his papers from the membership of Jharkhand Assembly on Friday.
"Hemlal Murmu has resigned from Assembly membership," Speaker Shashank Sekhar Bhokta said here.
"Bidyut Baran Mahto also called me over the phone and said he is sending his resignation letter on Friday," he added.
Both Murmu and Mahto, who won Assembly elections on JMM ticket, joined the BJP after being in the party for several years.
Yesterday Chandrasekhar Dubey, who quit Congress and joined the Trinamool Congress, had resigned as MLA.
After Mahto submits his resignation, the strength of the 82-member Jharkhand Assembly would be reduced to 79.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'