One more Jharkhand MLA resigns, another set to follow
Ranchi: Hemlal Murmu, who joined the BJP recently, put in his papers from the membership of Jharkhand Assembly on Friday.
"Hemlal Murmu has resigned from Assembly membership," Speaker Shashank Sekhar Bhokta said here.
"Bidyut Baran Mahto also called me over the phone and said he is sending his resignation letter on Friday," he added.
Both Murmu and Mahto, who won Assembly elections on JMM ticket, joined the BJP after being in the party for several years.
Yesterday Chandrasekhar Dubey, who quit Congress and joined the Trinamool Congress, had resigned as MLA.
After Mahto submits his resignation, the strength of the 82-member Jharkhand Assembly would be reduced to 79.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery