Operation against Maoists launched in Jharkhand
Medininagar: Security forces on Saturday launched an operation on the Jharkhand-Chhatisgarh border to flush out Maoists.
The offensive dubbed `Operation Marangdeo`, which would also be carried on at night, has been launched to prevent Maoists from entering Jharkhand particularly through the border of Palamau and Garhwa districts, CRPF’s 34 battalion Commandant Anil Minz told reporters here.
The CRPF would be assisted by the police in the operation, he said.
Yesterday, a CRPF man was injured in an encounter with the Left-wing guerrillas at Tal village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics