Operation against Maoists launched in Jharkhand
Medininagar: Security forces on Saturday launched an operation on the Jharkhand-Chhatisgarh border to flush out Maoists.
The offensive dubbed `Operation Marangdeo`, which would also be carried on at night, has been launched to prevent Maoists from entering Jharkhand particularly through the border of Palamau and Garhwa districts, CRPF’s 34 battalion Commandant Anil Minz told reporters here.
The CRPF would be assisted by the police in the operation, he said.
Yesterday, a CRPF man was injured in an encounter with the Left-wing guerrillas at Tal village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured