Operation against Maoists launched in Jharkhand
Medininagar: Security forces on Saturday launched an operation on the Jharkhand-Chhatisgarh border to flush out Maoists.
The offensive dubbed `Operation Marangdeo`, which would also be carried on at night, has been launched to prevent Maoists from entering Jharkhand particularly through the border of Palamau and Garhwa districts, CRPF’s 34 battalion Commandant Anil Minz told reporters here.
The CRPF would be assisted by the police in the operation, he said.
Yesterday, a CRPF man was injured in an encounter with the Left-wing guerrillas at Tal village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city