Operation against Maoists launched in Jharkhand
Medininagar: Security forces on Saturday launched an operation on the Jharkhand-Chhatisgarh border to flush out Maoists.
The offensive dubbed `Operation Marangdeo`, which would also be carried on at night, has been launched to prevent Maoists from entering Jharkhand particularly through the border of Palamau and Garhwa districts, CRPF’s 34 battalion Commandant Anil Minz told reporters here.
The CRPF would be assisted by the police in the operation, he said.
Yesterday, a CRPF man was injured in an encounter with the Left-wing guerrillas at Tal village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie