Opium worth Rs 1 crore in international market sei
Hazaribagh: Opium worth Rs one crore in the international market was seized in Hazaribagh district and one person was arrested in this connection, the police said on Saturday.
Following a tip-off, the police seized the contraband at Panchmadav locality in Barhi block near NH-2 in the intervening night of Thursday and Friday, Superintendent of police Manoj Kaushik said here.
There was ten kg of finished opium while 200 kg of doda powder (from which opium is made), he said, adding the contraband was hidden allegedly at the basement of the house of the arrested person, identified as Santosh Pandit, the SP said.
The police officer said the accused told the police that he was supplying opium to Bihar, Odisha and other states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog