Opium worth Rs 1 crore in international market sei
Hazaribagh: Opium worth Rs one crore in the international market was seized in Hazaribagh district and one person was arrested in this connection, the police said on Saturday.
Following a tip-off, the police seized the contraband at Panchmadav locality in Barhi block near NH-2 in the intervening night of Thursday and Friday, Superintendent of police Manoj Kaushik said here.
There was ten kg of finished opium while 200 kg of doda powder (from which opium is made), he said, adding the contraband was hidden allegedly at the basement of the house of the arrested person, identified as Santosh Pandit, the SP said.
The police officer said the accused told the police that he was supplying opium to Bihar, Odisha and other states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees