Opium worth Rs 1 crore in international market sei
Hazaribagh: Opium worth Rs one crore in the international market was seized in Hazaribagh district and one person was arrested in this connection, the police said on Saturday.
Following a tip-off, the police seized the contraband at Panchmadav locality in Barhi block near NH-2 in the intervening night of Thursday and Friday, Superintendent of police Manoj Kaushik said here.
There was ten kg of finished opium while 200 kg of doda powder (from which opium is made), he said, adding the contraband was hidden allegedly at the basement of the house of the arrested person, identified as Santosh Pandit, the SP said.
The police officer said the accused told the police that he was supplying opium to Bihar, Odisha and other states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- It's a canard that Kalam was reluctant to appoint Sonia Gandhi as PM: Manmohan Singh