Opium worth Rs 1 crore in international market sei
Hazaribagh: Opium worth Rs one crore in the international market was seized in Hazaribagh district and one person was arrested in this connection, the police said on Saturday.
Following a tip-off, the police seized the contraband at Panchmadav locality in Barhi block near NH-2 in the intervening night of Thursday and Friday, Superintendent of police Manoj Kaushik said here.
There was ten kg of finished opium while 200 kg of doda powder (from which opium is made), he said, adding the contraband was hidden allegedly at the basement of the house of the arrested person, identified as Santosh Pandit, the SP said.
The police officer said the accused told the police that he was supplying opium to Bihar, Odisha and other states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Separated Indian, Pakistani siblings meet in UAE after 48 yrs
- CPI(M) leader Sushanta Ghosh slapped in West Bengal court premises
- On eve of Greece visit, Putin says problems with EU can be solved
- President Mukherjee lists 8 steps to resolve issues between India, China
- READ: What Ashish Nehra has to say about his Viral Photo with Virat Kohli