Opp dream of a new CM will remain so: Munda
Kharsawan (Jharkhand): Jharkhand Chief
Minister Arjun Munda on Monday termed as `dream` the opposition
claim that voters of Kharsawan would re-enact what those of
Tamar did to JMM president Shibu Soren which had forced him to
step down as chief minister in 2009.
"Some people are dreaming. That will remain a dream
when voters of Kharsawan will give a befitting reply to them
on February 10," Munda said in a public meeting.
He was referring to JVM-P president Babulal Marandi’s
claim that the state would see another chief minister falling
by the wayside when results would be announced on February 17.
Soren had lost the Tamar bypoll to JDU`s Gopal Krishna
Patar, now the Disaster Management Minister in the Munda
government, supported by Soren’s JMM and AJSU party.
"They are politicising the CNT (Chhotanagpur Tenancy
Act) with an aim to destablise the state, but the people will
not allow it to happen," said Munda, who is facing challenge
from JVM-P/Congress candidate Dasrath Gagrai and six others.
The bypoll is necessitated as Munda, a Lok Sabha
member, took oath as CM on September 11 last year, and has to
enter the assembly within six months from that date.
Marandi, who has camped here to campaign in support of
Gagrai, said Munda had won the seat thrice since 1995 and been
CM as many times, but grievances of the people of Kharsawan
remained the same.
Addressing a meeting in support of the Gagrai, Union
Tourism Minister Subodh Kant Sahay said, "Munda remained CM
for three terms and represented the seat for 15 years, but
there is no development in the constituency."
The campaigning will end at five pm tomorrow and the
voting will take place on February 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog