Opposition demands CBI probe into horse trading
Ranchi: Jharkhand Assembly was on Saturday adjourned till 2 pm after the opposition created pandemonium demanding a CBI probe into the alleged horse trading in the run up to the Rajya Sabha polls.
As soon as the house convened, the entire opposition rushed to the well raising slogans against horse trading and demanded a CBI investigation.
Speaker CP Singh adjourned the house till 2 pm after his request to the members to allow the question hour to be conducted fell on deaf ears.
The opposition`s demand for CBI probe came following the Election Commission countermanding last night the Rajya Sabha polls in the state in the wake of allegations of horse trading and seizure of Rs 2.15 crore in cash, saying the election process there "has been seriously vitiated".
The money had been seized from a car owned by the brother of an independent Rajya Sabha candidate, hours before the start of RS polling here yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 654—Abhi visits Pragya's place and meets her family!
- Fire kills at least 16 in Moscow printing works
- Do you know traffic jams can make your body susceptible to cancer? - Read
- Taliban fighters overrun district in eastern Afghanistan
- Sports recap: Five stories that grabbed the headlines this week