Opposition demands CBI probe into horse trading
Ranchi: Jharkhand Assembly was on Saturday adjourned till 2 pm after the opposition created pandemonium demanding a CBI probe into the alleged horse trading in the run up to the Rajya Sabha polls.
As soon as the house convened, the entire opposition rushed to the well raising slogans against horse trading and demanded a CBI investigation.
Speaker CP Singh adjourned the house till 2 pm after his request to the members to allow the question hour to be conducted fell on deaf ears.
The opposition`s demand for CBI probe came following the Election Commission countermanding last night the Rajya Sabha polls in the state in the wake of allegations of horse trading and seizure of Rs 2.15 crore in cash, saying the election process there "has been seriously vitiated".
The money had been seized from a car owned by the brother of an independent Rajya Sabha candidate, hours before the start of RS polling here yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter