Opposition demands CBI probe into horse trading
Ranchi: Jharkhand Assembly was on Saturday adjourned till 2 pm after the opposition created pandemonium demanding a CBI probe into the alleged horse trading in the run up to the Rajya Sabha polls.
As soon as the house convened, the entire opposition rushed to the well raising slogans against horse trading and demanded a CBI investigation.
Speaker CP Singh adjourned the house till 2 pm after his request to the members to allow the question hour to be conducted fell on deaf ears.
The opposition`s demand for CBI probe came following the Election Commission countermanding last night the Rajya Sabha polls in the state in the wake of allegations of horse trading and seizure of Rs 2.15 crore in cash, saying the election process there "has been seriously vitiated".
The money had been seized from a car owned by the brother of an independent Rajya Sabha candidate, hours before the start of RS polling here yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof