Opposition demands CBI probe into horse trading
Ranchi: Jharkhand Assembly was on Saturday adjourned till 2 pm after the opposition created pandemonium demanding a CBI probe into the alleged horse trading in the run up to the Rajya Sabha polls.
As soon as the house convened, the entire opposition rushed to the well raising slogans against horse trading and demanded a CBI investigation.
Speaker CP Singh adjourned the house till 2 pm after his request to the members to allow the question hour to be conducted fell on deaf ears.
The opposition`s demand for CBI probe came following the Election Commission countermanding last night the Rajya Sabha polls in the state in the wake of allegations of horse trading and seizure of Rs 2.15 crore in cash, saying the election process there "has been seriously vitiated".
The money had been seized from a car owned by the brother of an independent Rajya Sabha candidate, hours before the start of RS polling here yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?