Opposition demands CBI probe into horse trading
Ranchi: Jharkhand Assembly was on Saturday adjourned till 2 pm after the opposition created pandemonium demanding a CBI probe into the alleged horse trading in the run up to the Rajya Sabha polls.
As soon as the house convened, the entire opposition rushed to the well raising slogans against horse trading and demanded a CBI investigation.
Speaker CP Singh adjourned the house till 2 pm after his request to the members to allow the question hour to be conducted fell on deaf ears.
The opposition`s demand for CBI probe came following the Election Commission countermanding last night the Rajya Sabha polls in the state in the wake of allegations of horse trading and seizure of Rs 2.15 crore in cash, saying the election process there "has been seriously vitiated".
The money had been seized from a car owned by the brother of an independent Rajya Sabha candidate, hours before the start of RS polling here yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'