Opposition MLA climbs reporters table, boycotts house
Ranchi: Opposition MLA of Jharkhand Vikas
Morcha (Prajatantric) Samresh Singh Friday climbed the house
reporters` table in the Assembly and vowed not to return to
the house till the end of the current session after Deputy
Chief Minister Sudesh Mahto and other ruling members demanded
apology from him for the `unsavoury` act.
"I am boycotting the remaining part of the budget
session as fellow house members have confronted me instead of
the Speaker ordering martials to evict me," Singh, a former
minister in the Babulal Marandi and Arjun Munda governments,
said while leaving the Assembly.
Singh`s sudden action came after the speaker allowed
him to read out an adjournment motion, which was rejected,
seeking a debate on water crisis and `famine-like` situation
in the state.
Annoyed over Singh mounting on the reporters` table,
Mahto and several ministers and ruling MLAs vacated their
seats in protest against the action even as Health Minister
Hemlal Murmu proposed suspension of Singh.
Not satisfied with JVM-P`s legislature party leader
Pradip Yadav expressing regret over the incident, Mahto
demanded an apology from Singh himself.
Expressing concern over the incident, Speaker C P
Singh advised the legislators from both benches to uphold the
dignity of the house and said he would never order martials to
evict any MLA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- US flight from New Orleans to Orlando makes emergency landing after engine fails
- WATCH! Dwayne Bravo bowls last ball of the match to MS Dhoni – This is what happened next
- 12 coaches of Thiruvananthapuram-Mangalore train derail in Kerala
- Hilarious: Sonakshi Sinha trolls Air India pilot on Snapchat! - Know why
- Curfew, restrictions continue in Kashmir Valley for 51st day