Opposition smacks of `hidden formula` in BJP-JMM pact
Ranchi: With BJP and JMM set to lead a
government in Jharkhand on rotational basis, the opposition
today said the agreement smacked of some "hidden formula" and
it might lead to horse-trading.
"Tell the people what is the hidden formula. It is
horse trading," PCC President Pradip Kumar Balmachu said in a
"The Governor should immediately intervene in stopping
such power shift on such formula. Several JMM MLAs are still
airing openly against the re-alignment with the BJP," he said.
Chief Minister Shibu Soren had yesterday said the BJP
would take over from his government for the first 28 months
before shifting power again to JMM.
The CPI(M) state secretary, J S Majumdar, asked the allies
to speak up about the "hidden formula so that the people of
Jharkhand will know their politicians better".
"In all likelihood, Soren will go to the Governor to tell
him that he is quitting as he can`t enter the assembly within
the mandatory six months time, and shifting power to the BJP,"
Both the JMM and the BJP have 18 seats each in the
82-member House. Other members of the coalition are Janata
Dal-United (JD-U) with two seats, All Jharkhand Students Union
(AJSU) which has five seats and others two.
Meanwhile, Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric) of
Babulal Marandi demanded that the Governor speak to Soren.
"Soren does not want to hand over power to the BJP. We
urge the governor to speak to Soren as he has not yet
personally announced his resignation," JVM-P General Secretary
Praveen Singh told a press conference along with JPCC
spokesman Radhakrishna Kishore in Ranchi.
They also accused Arjun Munda, the BJP`s chief
ministerial candidate of being the kinpin of continued
political instability in the state since 2003.
The Marandi-led NDA government had fallen on the floor
of the house following rebellion by coalition partners, that
gave Munda the chief minister’s post for the first time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you