Opposition smacks of `hidden formula` in BJP-JMM pact
Ranchi: With BJP and JMM set to lead a
government in Jharkhand on rotational basis, the opposition
today said the agreement smacked of some "hidden formula" and
it might lead to horse-trading.
"Tell the people what is the hidden formula. It is
horse trading," PCC President Pradip Kumar Balmachu said in a
"The Governor should immediately intervene in stopping
such power shift on such formula. Several JMM MLAs are still
airing openly against the re-alignment with the BJP," he said.
Chief Minister Shibu Soren had yesterday said the BJP
would take over from his government for the first 28 months
before shifting power again to JMM.
The CPI(M) state secretary, J S Majumdar, asked the allies
to speak up about the "hidden formula so that the people of
Jharkhand will know their politicians better".
"In all likelihood, Soren will go to the Governor to tell
him that he is quitting as he can`t enter the assembly within
the mandatory six months time, and shifting power to the BJP,"
Both the JMM and the BJP have 18 seats each in the
82-member House. Other members of the coalition are Janata
Dal-United (JD-U) with two seats, All Jharkhand Students Union
(AJSU) which has five seats and others two.
Meanwhile, Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric) of
Babulal Marandi demanded that the Governor speak to Soren.
"Soren does not want to hand over power to the BJP. We
urge the governor to speak to Soren as he has not yet
personally announced his resignation," JVM-P General Secretary
Praveen Singh told a press conference along with JPCC
spokesman Radhakrishna Kishore in Ranchi.
They also accused Arjun Munda, the BJP`s chief
ministerial candidate of being the kinpin of continued
political instability in the state since 2003.
The Marandi-led NDA government had fallen on the floor
of the house following rebellion by coalition partners, that
gave Munda the chief minister’s post for the first time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September
- Nita Ambani launch multi-discipline sports initiative; laud PM Modi for Olympics task force idea
- ISRO successfully tests scramjet rocket engine
- Rafael Nadal hoping to continue Rio Olympics momentum at US Open
- Guess who? This A-list Bollywood actress can give up career to marry the man she loves