Panchayat representative shot dead by ultras in Gumla
Gumla: A woman panchayat representative was shot dead after being kidnapped by the activists of People’s Liberation Front of India (PLFI) in Gumla district, the police said on Sunday.
A four-member armed ultra left squad led by Parmeshwar Gop of the PLFI dragged Kalawati Devi out of her house at Nathpur village last night, took her away and pumped bullets into her four/five hours later.
Devi, whose body was found at another village, was a member of the Gumla District Board.
Her husband Suresh Ram was not at home when the PLFI extremists swooped on the house.
At least five panchayat representatives were killed across Jharkhand this year either by extremists or due to personal rivalry, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Washington Navy Yard lockdown: As it happened