Panchayat representative shot dead by ultras in Gumla
Gumla: A woman panchayat representative was shot dead after being kidnapped by the activists of People’s Liberation Front of India (PLFI) in Gumla district, the police said on Sunday.
A four-member armed ultra left squad led by Parmeshwar Gop of the PLFI dragged Kalawati Devi out of her house at Nathpur village last night, took her away and pumped bullets into her four/five hours later.
Devi, whose body was found at another village, was a member of the Gumla District Board.
Her husband Suresh Ram was not at home when the PLFI extremists swooped on the house.
At least five panchayat representatives were killed across Jharkhand this year either by extremists or due to personal rivalry, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch