Panchayat representative shot dead by ultras in Gumla
Gumla: A woman panchayat representative was shot dead after being kidnapped by the activists of People’s Liberation Front of India (PLFI) in Gumla district, the police said on Sunday.
A four-member armed ultra left squad led by Parmeshwar Gop of the PLFI dragged Kalawati Devi out of her house at Nathpur village last night, took her away and pumped bullets into her four/five hours later.
Devi, whose body was found at another village, was a member of the Gumla District Board.
Her husband Suresh Ram was not at home when the PLFI extremists swooped on the house.
At least five panchayat representatives were killed across Jharkhand this year either by extremists or due to personal rivalry, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- ISI plotting terror attacks on India in December: Sources