Panchayat representative shot dead by ultras in Gumla
Gumla: A woman panchayat representative was shot dead after being kidnapped by the activists of People’s Liberation Front of India (PLFI) in Gumla district, the police said on Sunday.
A four-member armed ultra left squad led by Parmeshwar Gop of the PLFI dragged Kalawati Devi out of her house at Nathpur village last night, took her away and pumped bullets into her four/five hours later.
Devi, whose body was found at another village, was a member of the Gumla District Board.
Her husband Suresh Ram was not at home when the PLFI extremists swooped on the house.
At least five panchayat representatives were killed across Jharkhand this year either by extremists or due to personal rivalry, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video