Participants of JP movement to fast in solidarity with Hazare
Ranchi: Participants of the Jayprakash
Narayan movement in the 70s will observe a fast tomorrow in
support of social activist Anna Hazare`s fast-unto-death which
entered the second day on Wednesday.
Pramod Mishra, co-convenor-cum-spokesman of the
`74-Chetana Manch`, a forum of the former activists of the JP
movement, today said some of the manch members would observe
the fast at Shahid Chowk here tomorrow in solidarity with Anna
Hazare and his `anti-corruption crusade`.
Mishra was active during the JP movement and had been
arrested along with several others on July 8, 1975, for
observing demonstration at JP`s call. He was lodged in Chhapra
Central Jail for six months during Emergency.
"We extend our support to Anna Hazare`s fight against
corruption," he said.
The 72-year-old Hazare is demanding enactment of the Lok
Pal Bill to give wider powers to the ombudsman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...