Participants of JP movement to fast in solidarity with Hazare
Ranchi: Participants of the Jayprakash
Narayan movement in the 70s will observe a fast tomorrow in
support of social activist Anna Hazare`s fast-unto-death which
entered the second day on Wednesday.
Pramod Mishra, co-convenor-cum-spokesman of the
`74-Chetana Manch`, a forum of the former activists of the JP
movement, today said some of the manch members would observe
the fast at Shahid Chowk here tomorrow in solidarity with Anna
Hazare and his `anti-corruption crusade`.
Mishra was active during the JP movement and had been
arrested along with several others on July 8, 1975, for
observing demonstration at JP`s call. He was lodged in Chhapra
Central Jail for six months during Emergency.
"We extend our support to Anna Hazare`s fight against
corruption," he said.
The 72-year-old Hazare is demanding enactment of the Lok
Pal Bill to give wider powers to the ombudsman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video