Parties criticise Guv`s remarks on Naxalites
Jamshedpur/Simdega: The BJP and the
Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (JVM - Prajatantric) on Sunday criticised
Governor K Sankaranarayanan for saying that Naxalites do not
harm police officers.
"The Governor should apologise for his unwanted
statement, ignoring thousands of lives falling to naxal
violence," former Chief Minister and JVM-P chief Babulal
Marandi told newsmen in Simdega.
"We will burn his effigy if he fails to apologise for
his remarks which is an insult to naxal victims," Marandi, who
had lost his son to Maoist bullets three years ago, added.
Criticising his statement in Jamshedpur, the BJP`s
state unit president Raghuvar Das said police officers,
security personnel and civilians had been killed by the
"The Governor should clarify his stand on Naxalites
because we had lost a SP, three DSPs and scores of police
personnel and civilians in nearly nine years of Naxal
violence," Das added.
The CPI(M)also also issued a release criticising the
During his speech at a workshop in Ranchi yesterday,
the Governor seconded one of his advisor G Krishnan`s
contention that naxalites did not harm honest officers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands