Parties criticise Guv`s remarks on Naxalites
Jamshedpur/Simdega: The BJP and the
Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (JVM - Prajatantric) on Sunday criticised
Governor K Sankaranarayanan for saying that Naxalites do not
harm police officers.
"The Governor should apologise for his unwanted
statement, ignoring thousands of lives falling to naxal
violence," former Chief Minister and JVM-P chief Babulal
Marandi told newsmen in Simdega.
"We will burn his effigy if he fails to apologise for
his remarks which is an insult to naxal victims," Marandi, who
had lost his son to Maoist bullets three years ago, added.
Criticising his statement in Jamshedpur, the BJP`s
state unit president Raghuvar Das said police officers,
security personnel and civilians had been killed by the
"The Governor should clarify his stand on Naxalites
because we had lost a SP, three DSPs and scores of police
personnel and civilians in nearly nine years of Naxal
violence," Das added.
The CPI(M)also also issued a release criticising the
During his speech at a workshop in Ranchi yesterday,
the Governor seconded one of his advisor G Krishnan`s
contention that naxalites did not harm honest officers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 declared
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced