Patna blast suspect`s family among others invited to Narendra Modi`s rally
Ranchi: Jharkhand BJP leaders on Sunday reached out to the family of Patna blast suspect Imitiaz, inviting them to their prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s rally here on December 29.
BJP is extending invitations to every family in Jharkhand requesting them to turn up at the rally.
"Under the leadership of senior BJP leader CP Singh, party men went to the house of Imitiaz and gave the invitation to his father," party leader and former Jharkhand Deputy Chief Minister Raghuvar Das said.
"The residents of the locality where Imitiaz belongs said they would certainly participate in the rally as they would like to wash the stain that has been attached to the area following the Patna blasts," Das said, quoting the residents.
Das was seen distributing the invitations to MLAs present in Jharkhand Assembly on Friday.
CP Singh said Imitiaz`s father assured that he would definitely come to listen to Modi in his rally at Dhurwa, very close to his locality.
The NIA had on December 18 took Imitiaz to his locality as part of its investigations into Patna and Bodh Gaya bomb blasts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf