Pawan Dhoot gets bail in Jharkhand horse-trading case
Ranchi: A Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court here on Tuesday granted bail to Pawan Kumar Dhoot, an accused in the cash-for-vote scandal during the 2012 Rajya Sabha poll in Jharkhand that was countermanded.
Dhoot, an independent candidate, was granted bail on two sureties of Rs 25,000 each after he surrendered before the CBI court in Jharkhand capital Ranchi.
The Kolkata-based industrialist was among the six people the CBI last week formally charged with horse-trading.
According to sources in the CBI, Dhoot is accused of offering money to buy votes in the Rajya Sabha poll.
Another independent candidate, RS Agrawal, from whose vehicle Rs 2.15 crore was recovered on polling day, is already in jail.
The CBI is probing the on a Jharkhand High Court directive.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi