Pawan Dhoot gets bail in Jharkhand horse-trading case
Ranchi: A Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court here on Tuesday granted bail to Pawan Kumar Dhoot, an accused in the cash-for-vote scandal during the 2012 Rajya Sabha poll in Jharkhand that was countermanded.
Dhoot, an independent candidate, was granted bail on two sureties of Rs 25,000 each after he surrendered before the CBI court in Jharkhand capital Ranchi.
The Kolkata-based industrialist was among the six people the CBI last week formally charged with horse-trading.
According to sources in the CBI, Dhoot is accused of offering money to buy votes in the Rajya Sabha poll.
Another independent candidate, RS Agrawal, from whose vehicle Rs 2.15 crore was recovered on polling day, is already in jail.
The CBI is probing the on a Jharkhand High Court directive.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them