Pension mix-up in Jharkhand
Medininagar (Jharkhand): The Palamu district administration which was paying pension to two visually impaired youths stopped it and after claiming that the records showed that they were dead.
The two youths, 22-year-old Shiv Kumar Bhuiyan and 18-year-old Chandan Bhuiyan of Lesligung block in the district learnt from their panchayat that their pension was stopped recently, Block Development Officer Md. Aftab, told reporters on Wednesday.
The youths were approved pension under the Jharkhand government`s Swami Vivekananda Viklang Pension of Rs 710 per month each, but their names were enlisted under the old age pension category, Aftab said.
The youths were entitled to pension under the Swami Vivekananda Viklang Pension and not old-age pension, which they received for quite some time, he said.
The pension was stopped as according to the records the two youths had died two years ago, he said.
Aftab said he would apprise top district officials about the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman