People run on Monk`s birth anniversary
Ranchi: With Swami Vivekananda`s immortal words - "All the power is within you," - hundreds today sprinted in the "Run for Jharkhand" to mark the birth anniversary of the seer.
Children and youth joined the six km run from Mohrabadi ground to Harmu ground in Ranchi pledging to work for realising the `Bharat` of the monk who had swayed millions at the religious congregation at Chicago.
Former captain of Indian Women`s hockey team Savitri Purti, hockey sensation Bigan Soy, ex-footballer Ajay Kumar Singh were among others seen running on the occasion.
Former Deputy Chief Minister Sudesh Mahto, who was the chief guest, exhorted the youth to pledge for building a society as dreamt by Swamiji.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?