People run on Monk`s birth anniversary
Ranchi: With Swami Vivekananda`s immortal words - "All the power is within you," - hundreds today sprinted in the "Run for Jharkhand" to mark the birth anniversary of the seer.
Children and youth joined the six km run from Mohrabadi ground to Harmu ground in Ranchi pledging to work for realising the `Bharat` of the monk who had swayed millions at the religious congregation at Chicago.
Former captain of Indian Women`s hockey team Savitri Purti, hockey sensation Bigan Soy, ex-footballer Ajay Kumar Singh were among others seen running on the occasion.
Former Deputy Chief Minister Sudesh Mahto, who was the chief guest, exhorted the youth to pledge for building a society as dreamt by Swamiji.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony