People run on Monk`s birth anniversary
Ranchi: With Swami Vivekananda`s immortal words - "All the power is within you," - hundreds today sprinted in the "Run for Jharkhand" to mark the birth anniversary of the seer.
Children and youth joined the six km run from Mohrabadi ground to Harmu ground in Ranchi pledging to work for realising the `Bharat` of the monk who had swayed millions at the religious congregation at Chicago.
Former captain of Indian Women`s hockey team Savitri Purti, hockey sensation Bigan Soy, ex-footballer Ajay Kumar Singh were among others seen running on the occasion.
Former Deputy Chief Minister Sudesh Mahto, who was the chief guest, exhorted the youth to pledge for building a society as dreamt by Swamiji.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?