Phailin shifts to Jharkhand, to weaken to a low pressure
Bhubaneswar: After leaving a trail of destructions and keeping the state administration on its toes for over a week, the cyclone Phailin has finally left Odisha and shifted to neighbouring Jharkhand as a depression, IMD sources said.
"The Deep Depression over north Chhattisgarh and adjoining areas of Odisha & Jharkhand moved north- northeastwards and weakened into a depression. It lay centred at 0830 hours IST of today, the 14th October 2013 close to southwest of Daltonganj (Jharkhand)," it said.
The IMD said that the system would move north-northeastwards and weaken gradually into a well marked low pressure area by today evening.
However, one or two places of Odisha may experience rain and thundershower in next 24 hours. IMD also suggested for lowering the signals at all ports in Odisha. The state of Sea would be rough to very rough along and off Odisha coast, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Rock stars and celebrities react with dismay to Brexit
- WATCH: How AAP MLA Dinesh Mohaniya was arrested by Delhi Police amidst high drama during press conference
- BJP president Amit Shah sounds poll bugle in Uttarakhand; slams Congress, Harish Rawat
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues