Phailin shifts to Jharkhand, to weaken to a low pressure
Bhubaneswar: After leaving a trail of destructions and keeping the state administration on its toes for over a week, the cyclone Phailin has finally left Odisha and shifted to neighbouring Jharkhand as a depression, IMD sources said.
"The Deep Depression over north Chhattisgarh and adjoining areas of Odisha & Jharkhand moved north- northeastwards and weakened into a depression. It lay centred at 0830 hours IST of today, the 14th October 2013 close to southwest of Daltonganj (Jharkhand)," it said.
The IMD said that the system would move north-northeastwards and weaken gradually into a well marked low pressure area by today evening.
However, one or two places of Odisha may experience rain and thundershower in next 24 hours. IMD also suggested for lowering the signals at all ports in Odisha. The state of Sea would be rough to very rough along and off Odisha coast, it said.
- Indian Premier League 9: Gujarat Lions' Ravindra Jadeja reprimanded for showing dissent at umpire's decision
- Holiday video alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput’s oceanic vacation
- NBSE 10th & 12th Results 2016: Nagaland.gov.in Board, NBSE HSLC & HSSLC Results 2016 to be declared on May 3
- MUST WATCH: Kargil martyr's daughter's message to India and Pakistan on Facebook - `Enough is enough`
- Hubble spots galaxy hidding in night sky – See pic!