`Pirate ship` collapses, one killed
Jamshedpur: An 18-year-old youth was killed and two others were injured while dismantling a pirate ship, an amusement ride, at Baridih under Sidgora police station here, the police on Friday said.
The ride had been set up there for the Durga Puja festival.
Rajiv Kumar, a resident of Nawada in Bihar, Anil Singh and Dhananjay Viswakarma were engaged in dismantling the ship when it suddenly fell down crushing Rajiv under it.
When the three were taken to hospital, the doctors declared Rajiv brought dead.
The other two were admitted to hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family