Plans to make Khunti knowledge city: CM Munda
Khunti (Jharkhand): Jharkhand Chief
Minister Arjun Munda on Tuesday said the BJP-led government has
decided to make Khunti a knowledge city spread across 800
acres of land.
"500 acre of land has been identified and officials
have been asked to look for the rest as the government has
plans to set up medical, engineering and law institutes so
that we can give students higher education here itself," Munda
told reporters here.
Stating that the government has asked a consultancy
agency to give a blue-print on the plans, Munda said, "All
these years Khunti is known as `karma bhumi` (place of
workers) and now we want to make it `gyan bhumi` (city of
Later, he addressed a public meeting where he promised
that the government was committed to providing higher
education in Khunti.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal