Plans to make Khunti knowledge city: CM Munda
Khunti (Jharkhand): Jharkhand Chief
Minister Arjun Munda on Tuesday said the BJP-led government has
decided to make Khunti a knowledge city spread across 800
acres of land.
"500 acre of land has been identified and officials
have been asked to look for the rest as the government has
plans to set up medical, engineering and law institutes so
that we can give students higher education here itself," Munda
told reporters here.
Stating that the government has asked a consultancy
agency to give a blue-print on the plans, Munda said, "All
these years Khunti is known as `karma bhumi` (place of
workers) and now we want to make it `gyan bhumi` (city of
Later, he addressed a public meeting where he promised
that the government was committed to providing higher
education in Khunti.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery