PLFI area commander killed in encounter: Police
Gumla (Jharkhand): A self-styled area commander of ultra outfit People Liberation Front of India (PLFI) was killed in an encounter in Tatitoli locality of Gumla district today, police said.
Sub-Divisional Police Officer (Basia) Deepak Kumar told reporters that as per a tip-off, the PLFI area commander Rajesh Tiger was to collect levy from a contractor there. A police trap was then laid to nab him.
Tiger, who had demanded Rs two lakh, settled the issue at Rs 50,000 but the contractor was only ready to pay him Rs 12,000 less.
Tiger fired in the air in an attempt to threaten the contractor which led the policemen, who were hiding a little distance away, to intervene and ask him to surrender.
Kumar said Tiger then started firing on the police team but was killed in retaliatory firing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred