PLFI area commander killed in encounter: Police
Gumla (Jharkhand): A self-styled area commander of ultra outfit People Liberation Front of India (PLFI) was killed in an encounter in Tatitoli locality of Gumla district today, police said.
Sub-Divisional Police Officer (Basia) Deepak Kumar told reporters that as per a tip-off, the PLFI area commander Rajesh Tiger was to collect levy from a contractor there. A police trap was then laid to nab him.
Tiger, who had demanded Rs two lakh, settled the issue at Rs 50,000 but the contractor was only ready to pay him Rs 12,000 less.
Tiger fired in the air in an attempt to threaten the contractor which led the policemen, who were hiding a little distance away, to intervene and ask him to surrender.
Kumar said Tiger then started firing on the police team but was killed in retaliatory firing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi