PLFI area commander killed in encounter: Police
Gumla (Jharkhand): A self-styled area commander of ultra outfit People Liberation Front of India (PLFI) was killed in an encounter in Tatitoli locality of Gumla district today, police said.
Sub-Divisional Police Officer (Basia) Deepak Kumar told reporters that as per a tip-off, the PLFI area commander Rajesh Tiger was to collect levy from a contractor there. A police trap was then laid to nab him.
Tiger, who had demanded Rs two lakh, settled the issue at Rs 50,000 but the contractor was only ready to pay him Rs 12,000 less.
Tiger fired in the air in an attempt to threaten the contractor which led the policemen, who were hiding a little distance away, to intervene and ask him to surrender.
Kumar said Tiger then started firing on the police team but was killed in retaliatory firing.
- Soil from grave of World War-I hero, Risaldar Badlu Singh, brought to India by BJP minister
- 'Sighed with relief only after Osama Bin Laden's body reached Afghanistan' - Barack Obama in candid interview
- Sony launches water-resistant SRS-XB3 portable wireless speakers at Rs 12,990
- Check nbsenagaland.com, nagaland.gov.in for Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016
- Rahul Gandhi as UP CM? Twitteratis had a blast