PLFI sub-zonal commander arrested in Jharkhand
Latehar (Jharkhand): The sub-zonal commander
of Peoples Liberation Front of India (PLFI), Shankar Yadav
alias Laxman ji alias Vikash Ji, who was the prime accused in
the abduction of Alok Kumar, Circle Officer of Panki in Palamu
district, was arrested in Latehar district.
Superintendent of Police of Latehar, Kuldip Dwedi told
newsmen here today that Yadav was arrested in course of search
operation on Hotwag-Manjhar road in the district.
Yadav was the prime accused in the kidnapping of Kumar,
who was abducted from Panki about a fortnight ago, he said
adding that Kumar was set free by the ultra group two days
He said a semi-automatic 9mm pistol, magazines and live
cartridges, two mobile sets and one motorcycle was seized
from his possession.
Dwedi said Yadav was wanted by the police in at least
eight other cases including murder, arson lodged under Panki
police station in Palamu district and Maneka and Latehar
police stations in Latehar district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown