PLFI ultras gun down Maoist relative
Simdega: People`s Liberation
Front of India (PLFI) ultras on Sunday shot dead a relative of a
top Maoist leader in Simdega district, police said.
Superintendent of Police Durga Oraon said Sudama Singh
was gunned down near Bhelburu forest under Bano police station
when he was returning home at Badkaduil village.
Singh was a close relative of the CPI (Maoist`s) self
styled zonal commander Debuji, Oraon said.
The PLFI, meanwhile, called up some media houses and
claimed responsibility for the killing.
"It is a revenge killing after the Maoists had shot
dead one of our activists, Birsa Baraik, in March," the caller
The Maoists and the PLFI have been locked in a turf
war for last few years.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata