PM Modi at Jharkhand rally: As it happened
Dhanbad: Prime Minister Narendra Modi is scheduled to address an election rally in Jharkhand's Dhanbad district on Tuesday, ahead of the fourth phase of assembly elections due to take place on December 14.
- Modi ends his speech.
- I was addressing a rally in Srinagar yesterday. The people there were not scared of AK-7 rifles, terrorists and came out to support democracy in large numbers.
- I want to thank J&K and Jharkhand voters for voting in large numbers and urge you to break all the previous records also.
- We have to develop these areas for the progress of the nation.
- Jharkhand, Bihar, Assam, Northeast and Odisha needs to be developed to strengthen the country.
- We have initiated 'Made in India' scheme to ensure development.
- Despite being naturally rich, eastern parts are extremely poor.
- The Western parts of the country including Maharashtra, Karnataka, Goa, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Delhi, Haryana and Punjab, financial progress is visible.
- The poor people are foremost in our development concept for the nation.
- So, we have initiated 'Made in India' campaign so that youths may have livelihood opportunities in their areas.
- Youths have to travel thousands of kms away from their to earn livlihood. Shouldn't you have employment opportunities in your village?
- I salute the richness of the poor people who have deposited Rs 7,000 crore in the bank to open their accounts under the scheme.
- To put an end to this, we have initiated the PM's 'Jan Dhan Yojana'' scheme. Even if a poor person has no money, an account will be opened for him/her and will get an insurance of Rs 1 lakh.
- Shouldn't the situation change now?
- Now, if a poor person is in need of money, he borrows it from money-lenders at their interest rates. Then, he keeps working to return that borrowed money.
- The money in the banks should be for the poor people?
- The central government is for the poor people and because of poor people. They should have access to facilities like hospitals and schools.
- Despite promises from the last several years to eradicate poverty, nothing happened.
- Who should the government work for? It should be for the poor people.
- The central government is for the poor and because of them.
- Policies should help in generating employment and help in progress of nation's development. The central government's policies focus on the same.
- The new policies on coal will now benefit the state with over Rs 20,000 crore in the coming years.
- They have ruined the nation and people are not ready to forgive them even now.
- Our opposition is worried now. To remain in the public eye, they are visiting Jharkhand, J&K during elections but do not have any issues to speak against Modi government. So, they are now delivering the same speech which they used during Lok Sabha elections.
- So, I appeal to you to elect a strong BJP government.
- The Assembly polls are not merely for next five years but to strengthen the foundation of the state and decide the fate for the coming 100 years.
- Similarly, a state's age also has importance. At 14 years, it needs extra care. The next five years are crucial. If it becomes strong then it does not need to be dependent on anyone and will be beneficial for the next 100 years.
- A child needs most attention between the age of 14-18 years. If parents take care of a child till the age of 18 years, then parents don't need to take care of them, rather they start taking care of their parents.
- The state completes 14 years since its creation now and needs utmost care.
- Jharkhand needs a stable, majority government foremost now.
- Will you do the same for Jharkhand and elect a strong and stable government with majority here too?
- If Jharkhand would not have voted in the Lok Sabha polls, then the country would not have had a stable government.
- After 30 years, the country has elected a government at Centre with absolute majority. Jharkhand has contributed to it by voting in large numbers.
- I have faith that you will elect a majority BJP government in the state. So, I want to thank you in advance.
- Even if there is no more space to accommodate people on the grounds here, my heart has lot of space for you.
- PM Modi arrives.
Ahead of the fourth phase of polling in Jharkhand, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be addressing a poll rally in Jharkhand's Dhanbad district on Tuesday.
The polling, which is scheduled to take place on December 14, will be held in 15 constituencies.
The rally will be held even as 17 constituencies will undergo polling under the third phase today.