Hazaribagh: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday addressed a rally in Jharkhand's Hazaribagh. Here are the updates:
- Jharkhand is no ordinary state. It can become the pride of India's economic development - PM Modi
- Why there is darkness in a state which is rich in coal that is used to supply power to the entire nation - Modi
- We have to develop Jharkhand to a level where people from other states come here to work – PM Modi
- Development will bring jobs – PM Modi
- Enough politics has been done in the name of caste, creed, village, town, state etc. Now, it's time to do politics in the name of development – Modi
- Jharkhand is a resource-rich state, it needs a government that cares for its people - PM Modi
- You need a government that will serve you forever. Jharkhand does not need a coalition government, it doesn't serve people – PM Modi
- You save the nation earlier, now it's your responsibility to save Jharkhand – PM Modi
- If people of Jharkhand had not voted for BJP in large numbers, we would not have formed a majority government at Centre – PM Modi
- Lt Col Sankalp Kumar Shukla from Jharkhand laid down his life for the nation in Kashmir yesterday. I pay my homage to Sankalp Kumar and other martyred soldiers – PM Modi
- Yesterday, terrorists in Kashmir tried to attack the Indian democracy – PM Modi
Jharkhand holds third phase of polling on December 9.
Constituencies that will go to polls in the third phase are Kodarma, Barkatha, Barhi, Barkagaon, Ramgarh, Mandu, Hazaribagh, Simaria (SC), Dhanwar, Gomia, Bermo, Ichagarh, Silli, Khijri (ST), Ranchi, Hatia, Kanke (SC).
The first phase of the five-phase polls for 13 seats on November 25 had witnessed a record 61.92 percent polling and second phase in 20 constituencies across seven districts also recorded an increased voting percentage of 65.72 percent on December 2.
The remaining fourth and fifth phase polling will take place on December 14 and 20, respectively. The counting of votes will take place on December 23.
(With agency inputs)