Police arrest Maoist in Jharkhand`s Chatra district
Chatra (Jharkhand): A most-wanted Maoist has been arrested in Jharkhand`s Chatra district.
Based on information received, police officials of Chatra arrested Bindu Ganjoo, a Maoist belonging to the Communist Party of India (Maoist).
The police had announced a reward for finding Ganjoo, who has been wanted for over five rebel attacks. Chatra police have been searching for him since 15 years.
"He has been active since 2004. He was wanted for five different rebel incidents and was at large for quite some time. He was a member of a Maoist outfit and has contacts with all important Maoist leaders. After an incident, he left the outfit. Acting on secret information, we arrested him in this district," said Superintendent of Police, Chatra district, Prashant Karna.
Ganjoo is a resident of Degadevi village in Chatra and joined the CPI (Maoist) in 2009. It was only recently that he had left the outfit and returned back to his home.
The police consider his arrest as a success and believe that upon questioning him, they would get more information regarding other Maoists in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RBI to keep rates unchanged in August 9 policy: ICRA
- Expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh's wife led to his arrest?
- VIRAL VIDEO: Horrific car accident, woman flung 15 meters into air
- Breastfeeding ups brain development in preemies
- Rains bring Gurgaon and Bengaluru – shining examples of India's rise – to a grinding halt