Police arrest Maoists leader in Jharkhand
Jharkhand: Based on intelligence inputs, police arrested a Maoists leader in Jharkhand`s Latehar district recently.
Superintendent of Police Michael Raj said his team raided a hideout and recovered five rifles, 73 cartridges, and other goods from a hideout after interrogating the arrested Maoist leader.
"He revealed in his statement the whereabouts of the arms. On that basis, five rifles, 73 cartridges, 40 metres of police uniform and other goods were recovered," said Raj.
Maoists say they are fighting for the rights of millions of landless and poor labourers and marginal farmers.
They have killed police and politicians, and damaged government buildings and railway besides killing thousands of people since the 1960s. They are estimated to number around 7000 hardcore fighters in nearly a third of 630 districts and have spread out in 20 of 28 states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Subramanian Swamy's lecture on 'Emergency' cancelled
- Now, Lexit: London wants to stay with EU, says petition
- UP cops fight publicly over 'share of bribe', video goes viral - Watch
- Make your smoothie a successful summer diet with these magical ingredients!
- Delhi govt introduces 'Change-makers in education' fellowship