Police arrest Maoists, seize explosives
Latehar/Bokaro: Security forces seized
explosives and arrested two Maoists from separate places
during anti-naxal operations in Jharkhand’s Latehar and Bokaro
districts, police said on Monday.
As many as seven IEDs were recovered at Barwadih in
Latehar district during search operation during the day, the
police said in Latehar.
In the two-day search operation by the 26th battalion of
the CRPF and Bokaro district police since yesterday, the
police nabbed Maoist `area commander` Janaki Mahato and
alleged rebel Moti Mahato from villages situated near Jhumra
foothills, additional Superintendent of Police Prasant Karn
told reporters in Bokaro.
The operation was launched under helicopter surveillance,
he said, adding a huge cache of explosives were recovered
during the scourging of dense forests.
Besides four IEDS, the security men seized 500 gram of
gun powder, 15-metre black wire, 20 kg ammonium nitrate, a
double barrel gun and one country-made gun, the ASP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intermediate Examination (Arts) Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 2:00 pm
- Class 10th (Matric) Exam Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 12: 00 pm
- Putin vows Russian retaliation over US missile shield in Europe
- More than 2,000 boat migrants rescued off Italy, 45 dead
- Trump rules out US presidential debate with Sanders