Police arrest Maoists, seize explosives
Latehar/Bokaro: Security forces seized
explosives and arrested two Maoists from separate places
during anti-naxal operations in Jharkhand’s Latehar and Bokaro
districts, police said on Monday.
As many as seven IEDs were recovered at Barwadih in
Latehar district during search operation during the day, the
police said in Latehar.
In the two-day search operation by the 26th battalion of
the CRPF and Bokaro district police since yesterday, the
police nabbed Maoist `area commander` Janaki Mahato and
alleged rebel Moti Mahato from villages situated near Jhumra
foothills, additional Superintendent of Police Prasant Karn
told reporters in Bokaro.
The operation was launched under helicopter surveillance,
he said, adding a huge cache of explosives were recovered
during the scourging of dense forests.
Besides four IEDS, the security men seized 500 gram of
gun powder, 15-metre black wire, 20 kg ammonium nitrate, a
double barrel gun and one country-made gun, the ASP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof