Police asks six escaped Maoists to surrender

Last Updated: Sunday, November 18, 2012 - 23:47

Giridih: Six fugitive Maoists if surrender, would not be charged with hatching the plot that led to their escape following the November 11 attack on the transit van claiming lives of four policemen in Giridih town, a top police official said on Sunday.

"If the six Maoists (who fled after the attack) surrender, it would be understood that they were not part of the plot and a case of attacking the van, killing policemen and looting their rifles will not be instituted against them," Inspector-General of Police (Bokaro Zone) Murari Lal Meena said here.

A day after the attack, Inspector-General of Police (Special Branch) SN Pradhan had said the Maoists had plotted to free Anuj - who has two other aliases - Sahadeo Soren and Pervez.

Anuj is a member of the Bihar-Jharkhand Special area Committee, according to police sources.

Maoist Baijnath Tiwari had already returned while an injured rebel Bipin Mandal was found at a nursing home.

In all, 16 prisoners, including the six Maoists, were at large after the firing squad led by Chirag plotted the daring attack while the van was returning to jail from the court in the town, the sources said.

PTI



First Published: Sunday, November 18, 2012 - 23:47

More from zeenews

 
comments powered by Disqus