Police asks six escaped Maoists to surrender
Giridih: Six fugitive Maoists if surrender, would not be charged with hatching the plot that led to their escape following the November 11 attack on the transit van claiming lives of four policemen in Giridih town, a top police official said on Sunday.
"If the six Maoists (who fled after the attack) surrender, it would be understood that they were not part of the plot and a case of attacking the van, killing policemen and looting their rifles will not be instituted against them," Inspector-General of Police (Bokaro Zone) Murari Lal Meena said here.
A day after the attack, Inspector-General of Police (Special Branch) SN Pradhan had said the Maoists had plotted to free Anuj - who has two other aliases - Sahadeo Soren and Pervez.
Anuj is a member of the Bihar-Jharkhand Special area Committee, according to police sources.
Maoist Baijnath Tiwari had already returned while an injured rebel Bipin Mandal was found at a nursing home.
In all, 16 prisoners, including the six Maoists, were at large after the firing squad led by Chirag plotted the daring attack while the van was returning to jail from the court in the town, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'