Police, Maoists exchange fire in Jharkhand, explosives found
Jamshedpur: Explosives were recovered after a brief encounter between the police and the Maoists in East Singhbhum district of Jharkhand on Monday, the police said.
Two detonators and two packets of explosives were recovered from the spot of encounter, a place between Rahargarha and Bakrakocha villages.
Getting a tip-off about the gathering of 20 Maoists there, the security forces went to the spot, they said.
On sighting the security personnel, the ultras fired and the policemen retaliated.
After about 70 rounds were exchanged between the two sides, the rebels retreated, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?