Police, Maoists exchange fire in Jharkhand, explosives found
Jamshedpur: Explosives were recovered after a brief encounter between the police and the Maoists in East Singhbhum district of Jharkhand on Monday, the police said.
Two detonators and two packets of explosives were recovered from the spot of encounter, a place between Rahargarha and Bakrakocha villages.
Getting a tip-off about the gathering of 20 Maoists there, the security forces went to the spot, they said.
On sighting the security personnel, the ultras fired and the policemen retaliated.
After about 70 rounds were exchanged between the two sides, the rebels retreated, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you