Police, Maoists exchange fire in Jharkhand, explosives found
Jamshedpur: Explosives were recovered after a brief encounter between the police and the Maoists in East Singhbhum district of Jharkhand on Monday, the police said.
Two detonators and two packets of explosives were recovered from the spot of encounter, a place between Rahargarha and Bakrakocha villages.
Getting a tip-off about the gathering of 20 Maoists there, the security forces went to the spot, they said.
On sighting the security personnel, the ultras fired and the policemen retaliated.
After about 70 rounds were exchanged between the two sides, the rebels retreated, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days