Police, Maoists exchange fire in Jharkhand, explosives found
Jamshedpur: Explosives were recovered after a brief encounter between the police and the Maoists in East Singhbhum district of Jharkhand on Monday, the police said.
Two detonators and two packets of explosives were recovered from the spot of encounter, a place between Rahargarha and Bakrakocha villages.
Getting a tip-off about the gathering of 20 Maoists there, the security forces went to the spot, they said.
On sighting the security personnel, the ultras fired and the policemen retaliated.
After about 70 rounds were exchanged between the two sides, the rebels retreated, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Muslims have always been a part of America: Obama
- Google honours legendary singer Mukesh with a doodle on 93rd birth anniversary
- Start Brexit negotiations as soon as possible: Hollande urges Britain
- 'Months before her assassination, pro-Khalistan leader had predicted Indira Gandhi's killing'
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva