Police, Maoists exchange fire in Jharkhand, explosives found
Jamshedpur: Explosives were recovered after a brief encounter between the police and the Maoists in East Singhbhum district of Jharkhand on Monday, the police said.
Two detonators and two packets of explosives were recovered from the spot of encounter, a place between Rahargarha and Bakrakocha villages.
Getting a tip-off about the gathering of 20 Maoists there, the security forces went to the spot, they said.
On sighting the security personnel, the ultras fired and the policemen retaliated.
After about 70 rounds were exchanged between the two sides, the rebels retreated, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September
- Nita Ambani launch multi-discipline sports initiative; laud PM Modi for Olympics task force idea
- ISRO successfully tests scramjet rocket engine
- Rafael Nadal hoping to continue Rio Olympics momentum at US Open