Police OC suspended on charge of raping minor
Deogarh/Dumka: The officer-in-charge of a police station in Dumka district was on Wednesday suspended after being accused of raping a minor girl several times, who was the domestic help at his residence in neighbouring Deoghar district.
Deogarh SP Ranjit Prasad said, an FIR was lodged against Radhay Shyam Das, the OC of Jarmundi police station, charging him with raping a minor girl at his residence in Deogarh town.
The 14-year-old girl, who was working as a domestic help in Das`s residence for some time ago, was allegedly exploited sexually by him since she joined work.
She was later beaten up and driven away from his house, Prasad said quoting the FIR.
Some local people took the girl to Deogarh Women police station, where the FIR was lodged.
The accused was absconding and the girl has been sent for medical examination, police sources said.
Dumka SP Nirmal Kumar Mishra told reporters there that the accused OC was kept under suspension after the FIR was lodged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB