Police OC suspended on charge of raping minor
Deogarh/Dumka: The officer-in-charge of a police station in Dumka district was on Wednesday suspended after being accused of raping a minor girl several times, who was the domestic help at his residence in neighbouring Deoghar district.
Deogarh SP Ranjit Prasad said, an FIR was lodged against Radhay Shyam Das, the OC of Jarmundi police station, charging him with raping a minor girl at his residence in Deogarh town.
The 14-year-old girl, who was working as a domestic help in Das`s residence for some time ago, was allegedly exploited sexually by him since she joined work.
She was later beaten up and driven away from his house, Prasad said quoting the FIR.
Some local people took the girl to Deogarh Women police station, where the FIR was lodged.
The accused was absconding and the girl has been sent for medical examination, police sources said.
Dumka SP Nirmal Kumar Mishra told reporters there that the accused OC was kept under suspension after the FIR was lodged.
- The only temple dedicated to Lord Brahma is in this Indian state
- LeEco bringing Le 2 and Max 2 series phones in India shortly?
- Why would I hug Arvind Kejriwal forcibly, is he a 'heroine'? asks Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Rahul Gandhi says 'happy to be targeted' as AgustaWestland deal continues to haunt Congress
- GOING VIRAL: Have you seen this 'love story' ad on PM Narendra Modi's ambitious 'Swachh Bharat' campaign? WATCH