Police probe begins into Sainik School `ragging`
Kodarma: The police on Tuesday
began questioning `victims` of Sainik School, Tilaiya, after
news channels aired footage of senior students beating up
juniors, while the school authorities said the footage was at
least a year old.
"No FIR has been filed by anyone on the incident.
Investigations are on," Koderma Superintendent of Police
Shambhu Thakur told PTI over phone.
The video showed at least seven students were being
beaten up with belts by seniors.
But, Thakur said: "Three of them denied to have been
beaten up. Another student, now at his home in Gumla, also
The police were trying to contact another student,
whom the media quoted as saying that he was in Ranchi and
scared of returning to school following the incident, said the
SP who visited the school yesterday.
Registrar of the School, Abhitabh Ranjan, presented
one of the students, Sonu Satyam, before an education
department official after the media reported that he had fled
the school following the `ragging`.
Claiming that the purported video footage shown in the
news channels appeared at least one year old, he said one of
the guards Chunchun, spotted in the footage, was removed
nearly a year ago, indicating the incident to be a year old.
Meanwhile, he said, a complaint box was today placed
in the school, asking junior students write slips about
ragging and put them inside it.
So far no slip was found, the registrar added.
Following a direction by the Patna High Court to have
a probe, District Education Officer Narayan Vishvas visited
the school today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown