Police sub-inspector suspended over minor`s death
Ranchi: The death of a minor girl at the
house of a police sub-inspector rocked the Jharkhand assembly
today even as the government suspended him and ordered a probe
into the incident.
"The sub-inspector is suspended with immediate effect,
and the DGP will probe into the incident," HRD Minister Hemlal
Murmu told the assembly.
The issue was raised in the house by Jharkhand Vikas
Morcha (Prajantantric-LP) leader Pradip Yadav during the
Yadav said the 13-year-old girl was allegedly engaged as
a domestic help by the sub-inspector in his house where the
girl died under mysterious circumstances.
The sub-inspector, he said, had flouted rules by engaging
a minor and allegedly did not send the body for post mortem
nor allowed her parents to lodge an FIR.
Murmu told the House that the girl`s parents could file
an FIR in connection with the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city