Police sub-inspector suspended over minor`s death
Ranchi: The death of a minor girl at the
house of a police sub-inspector rocked the Jharkhand assembly
today even as the government suspended him and ordered a probe
into the incident.
"The sub-inspector is suspended with immediate effect,
and the DGP will probe into the incident," HRD Minister Hemlal
Murmu told the assembly.
The issue was raised in the house by Jharkhand Vikas
Morcha (Prajantantric-LP) leader Pradip Yadav during the
Yadav said the 13-year-old girl was allegedly engaged as
a domestic help by the sub-inspector in his house where the
girl died under mysterious circumstances.
The sub-inspector, he said, had flouted rules by engaging
a minor and allegedly did not send the body for post mortem
nor allowed her parents to lodge an FIR.
Murmu told the House that the girl`s parents could file
an FIR in connection with the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible