Police/Maoist exchange gunfire
Hazaribagh (Jharkhand): Three Maoists were
on Friday shot and injured in an encounter as the security forces
destroyed a rebel camp and defused three powerful can bombs in
Narki forests, bordering Hazaribagh and Bokaro districts, the
police said in Hazaribagh.
Getting tip-off that a group of Maoists had camped in the
forests, the police of the two districts, the CoBRa and the
CRPF battalions raided the forests during the day.
On seeing the security forces, the Maoists opened fire on
them, triggering the encounter in which 200 bullets were
traded between the two sides and the security forces saw three
rebels receiving gun shots, and were taken away by their
associates, the police sources said.
After the Maoists retreated, the security forces
destroyed the camp, seized Rs 6.9 lakh and defused the
explosives, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!