Policeman arrested for Maoist `links` in Jharkhand
Medininagar: A police constable undergoing training was on Monday arrested in Ranchi district for his alleged Maoist background.
A Palamau Town Police Station team headed by its officer-in-charge Manoj Thakur reached the training centre at Tatisilwe on the outskirts of Ranchi city and arrested him, Palamau police chief NK Singh told reporters here.
Sunil Yadav was recruited last year and posted with the Palamau district police before being sent for the training, he said.
Yadav was wanted in Aurangabad district in alleged Maoist-related cases, he said.
The police got a tip-off that Yadav posed himself as `hardcore` Maoist Abhayji to extort money in Aurangabad before he joined police force, the SP said.
Yadav is a resident of Palamau district`s Pratapur village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply