Policeman arrested for Maoist `links` in Jharkhand
Medininagar: A police constable undergoing training was on Monday arrested in Ranchi district for his alleged Maoist background.
A Palamau Town Police Station team headed by its officer-in-charge Manoj Thakur reached the training centre at Tatisilwe on the outskirts of Ranchi city and arrested him, Palamau police chief NK Singh told reporters here.
Sunil Yadav was recruited last year and posted with the Palamau district police before being sent for the training, he said.
Yadav was wanted in Aurangabad district in alleged Maoist-related cases, he said.
The police got a tip-off that Yadav posed himself as `hardcore` Maoist Abhayji to extort money in Aurangabad before he joined police force, the SP said.
Yadav is a resident of Palamau district`s Pratapur village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!