Policeman killed in Maoist attack in Jharkhand
Gumla (Jharkhand): An STF personnel was on Wednesday killed and two were injured when Maoists attacked security forces near Luru village of the district, police said.
Deputy Inspector General of Police Sheetal Oraon told a news agency that the attack took place during anti-Maoist operation.
"One jawan of the Special Task Force was killed in the attack while two others suffered injuries," Oraon told PTI over phone.
He said one Maoist was killed in the return fire.
"The encounter is going on," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city