Policeman killed in Maoist attack in Jharkhand
Gumla (Jharkhand): An STF personnel was on Wednesday killed and two were injured when Maoists attacked security forces near Luru village of the district, police said.
Deputy Inspector General of Police Sheetal Oraon told a news agency that the attack took place during anti-Maoist operation.
"One jawan of the Special Task Force was killed in the attack while two others suffered injuries," Oraon told PTI over phone.
He said one Maoist was killed in the return fire.
"The encounter is going on," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Rio Olympics fallout: OP Jaisha alleges official apathy, AFI refutes charge
- Wriddhiman Saha, Ravichandran Ashwin biggest positives in this series: Virat Kohli
- Can't yet verify if wedding bomber was child or linked to Islamic State: Turkish PM
- Donald Trump denies 'flip flopping' on immigration
- Govt plans to launch PM research fellowships for IIT graduates from next academic year