Policeman killed in Maoist attack in Jharkhand
Gumla (Jharkhand): An STF personnel was on Wednesday killed and two were injured when Maoists attacked security forces near Luru village of the district, police said.
Deputy Inspector General of Police Sheetal Oraon told a news agency that the attack took place during anti-Maoist operation.
"One jawan of the Special Task Force was killed in the attack while two others suffered injuries," Oraon told PTI over phone.
He said one Maoist was killed in the return fire.
"The encounter is going on," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- 'Months before her assassination, pro-Khalistan leader had predicted Indira Gandhi's killing'
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies
- Donald Trump accepts Republican nomination, accuses Hillary Clinton of legacy of "death, destruction, terrorism”
- Former Portugal prime minister Guterres front runner to be next UN chief