Policemen killed in twin landmine blasts in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Two policemen were killed and as
many injured in twin landmine blasts triggered by Maoists in
West Singhbhum and Palamau districts of Jharkhand during the
fifth and final phase of the state assembly elections on Friday.
The ultras exploded a landmine in Mahur in Hussainabad
constituency in Palamau district, killing one policeman of
Jharkhand Armed Police and injuring two others, Superintendent
of Police Jatin Narwal said.
Havildar Satyandra Singh of Jharkhand Armed Police, who
was injured by splinters during the explosion, was rushed to
hospital at Mohammadganj where he died of his injuries four
A chowkidar and sweeper, who also suffered injuries in
the blast, were airlifted to Ranchi, the officer said.
A security personnel of the CRPF was killed in the blast
at Titlighat in Saranda Forest under Jagannathpur assembly
constituency in West Singhbhum district, Deputy Inspector
General of Police Manoj Kumar said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'