Policemen killed in twin landmine blasts in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Two policemen were killed and as
many injured in twin landmine blasts triggered by Maoists in
West Singhbhum and Palamau districts of Jharkhand during the
fifth and final phase of the state assembly elections on Friday.
The ultras exploded a landmine in Mahur in Hussainabad
constituency in Palamau district, killing one policeman of
Jharkhand Armed Police and injuring two others, Superintendent
of Police Jatin Narwal said.
Havildar Satyandra Singh of Jharkhand Armed Police, who
was injured by splinters during the explosion, was rushed to
hospital at Mohammadganj where he died of his injuries four
A chowkidar and sweeper, who also suffered injuries in
the blast, were airlifted to Ranchi, the officer said.
A security personnel of the CRPF was killed in the blast
at Titlighat in Saranda Forest under Jagannathpur assembly
constituency in West Singhbhum district, Deputy Inspector
General of Police Manoj Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok