`Political instability behind Jharkhand`s woes`
Jamshedpur: Accusing political instability as a cause behind mineral-rich Jharkhand`s lagging on the development front, former Deputy Chief Minister Raghuvar Das today expressed hope that the people of the state would choose a single party government.
"Jharkhand has failed to meet the aspirations of the people due to the political instability during the last 12 years," Das said on the occasion of the state`s 13th foundation day.
"Despite the pressure of the coalition government, Arjun Munda-led Jharkhand government has been able to perform on the development front," Das, a former President of Jharkhand unit of BJP, said.
A four-time MLA from Jamshedpur East assembly seat, he admitted that the state government could not fulfill the expectation of the people compared to Chhattisgarh and Uttarakhand due to the political instability.
Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh and Uttarakhand were formed together in 2000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...