`Political instability behind Jharkhand`s woes`
Jamshedpur: Accusing political instability as a cause behind mineral-rich Jharkhand`s lagging on the development front, former Deputy Chief Minister Raghuvar Das today expressed hope that the people of the state would choose a single party government.
"Jharkhand has failed to meet the aspirations of the people due to the political instability during the last 12 years," Das said on the occasion of the state`s 13th foundation day.
"Despite the pressure of the coalition government, Arjun Munda-led Jharkhand government has been able to perform on the development front," Das, a former President of Jharkhand unit of BJP, said.
A four-time MLA from Jamshedpur East assembly seat, he admitted that the state government could not fulfill the expectation of the people compared to Chhattisgarh and Uttarakhand due to the political instability.
Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh and Uttarakhand were formed together in 2000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!