`Political instability behind Jharkhand`s woes`
Jamshedpur: Accusing political instability as a cause behind mineral-rich Jharkhand`s lagging on the development front, former Deputy Chief Minister Raghuvar Das today expressed hope that the people of the state would choose a single party government.
"Jharkhand has failed to meet the aspirations of the people due to the political instability during the last 12 years," Das said on the occasion of the state`s 13th foundation day.
"Despite the pressure of the coalition government, Arjun Munda-led Jharkhand government has been able to perform on the development front," Das, a former President of Jharkhand unit of BJP, said.
A four-time MLA from Jamshedpur East assembly seat, he admitted that the state government could not fulfill the expectation of the people compared to Chhattisgarh and Uttarakhand due to the political instability.
Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh and Uttarakhand were formed together in 2000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- MPCA to decide on holding elections in Monday's AGM
- The solar system is home to millions of Jupiter-like planets, reveals NASA!
- Force India move up to fourth after strong finish in Belgium
- If Kashmir issue is not resolved under Modi, it will never be resolved: Mehbooba
- Magical Ravichandran Ashwin hits 200; Lendl Simmons becomes his latest bunny