`Political instability behind Jharkhand`s woes`
Jamshedpur: Accusing political instability as a cause behind mineral-rich Jharkhand`s lagging on the development front, former Deputy Chief Minister Raghuvar Das today expressed hope that the people of the state would choose a single party government.
"Jharkhand has failed to meet the aspirations of the people due to the political instability during the last 12 years," Das said on the occasion of the state`s 13th foundation day.
"Despite the pressure of the coalition government, Arjun Munda-led Jharkhand government has been able to perform on the development front," Das, a former President of Jharkhand unit of BJP, said.
A four-time MLA from Jamshedpur East assembly seat, he admitted that the state government could not fulfill the expectation of the people compared to Chhattisgarh and Uttarakhand due to the political instability.
Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh and Uttarakhand were formed together in 2000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror