`Political instability behind Jharkhand`s woes`
Jamshedpur: Accusing political instability as a cause behind mineral-rich Jharkhand`s lagging on the development front, former Deputy Chief Minister Raghuvar Das today expressed hope that the people of the state would choose a single party government.
"Jharkhand has failed to meet the aspirations of the people due to the political instability during the last 12 years," Das said on the occasion of the state`s 13th foundation day.
"Despite the pressure of the coalition government, Arjun Munda-led Jharkhand government has been able to perform on the development front," Das, a former President of Jharkhand unit of BJP, said.
A four-time MLA from Jamshedpur East assembly seat, he admitted that the state government could not fulfill the expectation of the people compared to Chhattisgarh and Uttarakhand due to the political instability.
Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh and Uttarakhand were formed together in 2000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi