Political instability cause of Maoist menace in J`khand: Munda
Ranchi: The political instability plaguing Jharkhand since its formation may have contributed to the Maoist menace in the state, a former chief minister and a senior BJP leader said Monday.
"(Political) Instability may be one of the reasons for the rise of Maoist activities in the state... It is unfortunate that Jharkhand never had a majority government and it has hampered policy decisions," BJP national general secretary Arjun Munda told reporters.
"However, in a democracy we have to respect whatever mandate the people give," he said.
He said the Planning Commission and the Finance Commission have a different perspective of the state`s requirements and should look at it from the state`s point of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days