Political mobilisation in rural Jharkhand weak: Ra
Ranchi: Political mobilisation in rural areas is one of the four-pronged strategies to stamp out left wing extremism and it is `weak` in Jharkhand, Union Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh said on Saturday.
"There should be a four-pronged strategy to deal with the Maoist problem. First is political mobilisation in rural areas. We can`t face it (extremism) without political mobilisation, and it is weak," Ramesh told reporters here.
As development work is the second strategy, Ramesh called for social justice to tribals in matters pertaining to land acquisition and compensation, the third strategy.
"There has been injustice to tribals on land acquisition (issue). I am not blaming any one government, but compensation, rehabilitation and resettlements are not there, (leading) to a sense of insecurity (among tribals)," he said, adding that in the past tribals were displaced more than once.
On whether his focus on development of rural Jharkhand since October decreased Maoist violence in the state, Ramesh said, "It is the state government which can tell you that".
Deputy Chief Minister Sudesh Mahto, who was present during the media briefing, praised Ramesh for showing keen interest in developmental programmes in Jharkhand, but did not comment on whether development had decreased Maoist menace in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read