Political will needed to combat Left-wing extremism: Brinda
Ranchi: CPI-M on Wednesday said there should be political will to combat Left-wing extremism instead of `using` Maoists wherever convenient by some political parties.
"There should be a strong political will to root out extremism instead of using Maoists wherever convenient like the one we saw when `Maha Morcha` was set up to fight against former Left Front government in West Bengal," CPI-M Politburo member Brinda Karat said here.
Condemning the Naxal attack on Congress leaders in Chhattisgarh, Karat said there should be efforts at political and administration level to combat the Maoists.
Karat pitched for protection of those tribals and dalits "sandwiched" between Special Police Officers and the Maoists.
After leading a party demonstration near the office of Deputy Commissioner with a charter of demands, the Left leader slammed Congress-led government at the Centre for allegedly not being able to provide grains at rupee one per kg to the poor.
"While grains are rotting in New Delhi, the poor are not getting grains in Jharkhand. On the one hand there is Food Security Bill and on the other hand the poor are feeling insecure for food. We demand immediate distribution of 35 kg grains at one rupee per kg to the poor," she said.
- Rajdeep Sardesai's exit from Twitter: REVEALED - Actual reason behind the journalist's walkout!
- REVEALED: Outdoing Virat Kohli makes AB de Villiers 'proud' - Here's why!
- Birthday special: Anushka Sharma is the selfie queen of Bollywood! Here's a proof
- UNBELIEVABLE! CEO of Baba Ramdev's Patanjali Ayurved works for 15 hours/day but takes no salary!
- Technology has opened up our cinema to everybody: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan