Posters threaten attack on girls for wearing jeans
Ranchi: Posters put up by a little-known outfit in the Jharkhand capital have threatened attacks on girls and women if they come out of their houses wearing jeans or without a `dupatta`.
Senior Superintendent of Police Saket Kumar Singh said it could be a work of some miscreants and efforts are on to nab the culprits.
The hand-written posters, put up by Jharkhand Mukti Sangh at several places including Albert Ekka roundabout, warned the girls against wearing jeans.
"If any girl will be found wearing jeans and moving without dupatta from August 20, she and her house will be attacked," the poster warned.
It also threatened of attacks against "outsiders" who try to buy land or take up jobs in the area. It also warned companies against displacing people for industrialisation.
"We are trying to trace the people involved. We are hopeful that they will be apprehended soon," Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what